Sunday 11 September 2016

Interlude - Breanne

Breanne Fowler looks up at her family’s mansion as she walks through the gates. By just looking at it now, she wouldn’t be able to figure out that it was wrecked by the Slaughter Seven just a couple days before.

Abby works quickly. It must be nice to have-oh wait, I have high level superpowers now as well. I hope Joan won’t jealous. I mean, she is the only member of family not to have superpowers and is probably the one who deserves some the most.

Not that the rest of us don’t deserve our powers, but rather the fact that out of our family, Joan is the only who has suffered the most and she was definitely the one who needed superpowers the most.

None the less, Breanne is proud of her powers. She has some of the basics such as super speed, strength, senses, nigh invulnerability and regeneration. Beyond that, Breanne can flight, teleport, use telekinesis and freezes things in time with just a single touch.

But the greatest of Breanne’s new powers revolve around changing forms of herself and others. She takes on elements of anything nearby, including the features of people, and can shapeshift and not just into other people, but also into animals and inanimate objects.

It felt really weird to turn into a dress. I mean, I can turn back and forth at will, but I didn’t know that at the time and it took me a few minutes to figure out how to do so. At least nobody tried me on. Hmm, I might try that latter though. I’m curious about what being worn would feel like. Perhaps I’ll turn into a dress and let Joan wear me. She is the sort of person that likes to try out new aspects of powers. And we do sisterly bonding at the same time.

And my main power is to improve and upgrade anything I touch at will. The only limits to that power I have found so far is I need to be touching whatever I’m upgrading and I can only upgrade it once.

Breanne strides up to the front doors. Fortunately for her, her shapeshifting powers apply to her current attire so while her old clothing no longer fits her voluptuous Aphrodite body, Breanne was able to alter them so they do.

I wonder what my family will think of me now? I look different, but so does everyone else in our family with powers. They won’t judge me anymore than I judged them.

Still, I’m glad I kept it simple. Smart, casual clothing of jeans, a brown shirt and a white jacket with my old brown hair and blue eyes. Hmm, I could change my eyes to green like Mum’s. I have always wanted green eyes like Mum.

As Breanne hears her mother coming to the door to let her in, she decides to change her eyes to the green ones that she has always desired.

“Hey Mum,” says Breanne as her mother opens the large doors.

“Breanne!” exclaims her Mum as she embraces her oldest daughter in a hug.

Breanne is silent as she hugs her Mum back.

“So how is Joan?” asks Breanne as they release each other, noting that she can hear the girl in question coming down the stairs in her rush to greet her big sister.

Hmm, I can also hear somebody else whom I don’t know following her. I wonder who it could be?

“I’m fine!” yells Joan as she comes in view, “Wow! You look great!”

That’s Joan alright. Always thinking good things of other people’s blessings rather getting jealous of them. I wish I was like that, but I was always jealous of my family’s powers.

“Good to see you Joan,” replies Breanne with a genuine smile on her face, “So how have things been since we last talked?”

Joan’s face darkens and Breanne feels a sudden onset of worry at her reaction to the question.

Bad things haven’t happen have they?

“We should probably bring you up to speed,” says her Mum as Breanne recognises the person that was following Joan as she comes into sight.

Wait, doesn’t Allison need a wheelchair?

***

“That is a lot to take in,” says Breanne as she leans back in her armchair, “Can just focus on my situation for now while I process all of that?”

“Sure,” replies Joan, “I want to ask you some stuff about your new powers anyway.”

Two of them, their Mum and Allison are sitting the living room. The lot of them have been bringing each other up to speed on the situation here in Grand Rapids whilst Breanne has been informing them about her powers, including the fact that she has been allowed some time to go home so she can get a handle on her powers.

“Of course, you do,” says Breanne with a smile at her sister.

“What?” says Joan defensively, “I find powers cool even if I don’t have any of my own.”

“Oh, I know,” replies Breanne, “I just know you well enough to predict that you’ll want to do that.”

“So can I ask my questions now?” inquires Joan.

“Sure,” says Breanne as she internally debates on whether to do something silly and impulsive.

I wouldn’t even consider this if it was anyone else, but Joan has that sort of personality and we never really did many things together as kids. And I do want to try and connect with her now.

“Well, I was-” Joan starts to say before squealing as Breanne teleports on top of her.

“Got ya sis,” laughs Breanne as she manhandles Joan from behind, easily overpowering her little sister’s attempts to resist.

“Breanne...” says their Mum with amusement in her voice.

“I’m just playing around Mum,” replies Breanne, “I never got to do this stuff with Joan when we were younger.”

“Joan does like this sort of stuff,” Allison pitches in.

“Get your boobs out of my face!” yells Joan and Breanne relents her hold on Joan.

“Sorry Joan, just wanted to have a bit of fun,” apologises Breanne as she releases her sister entirely.

“Now as I tried to ask before, can you use your improvement power on people?” asks Joan as she stands up.

“Um, yeah,” answers Breanne, caught off guard by the question, “I only done it once, but it worked. Are you asking me to use it on you?”

“Yes!” exclaims Joan excitedly.

“Joan, you don’t know what potential effects it could have on you,” warns their Mum.

“Don’t worry about that,” replies Joan with a dismissive wave of her hand, “Legacy has a backup of my biological and mental data, I’ll be fine. If something goes wrong, I’ll have her restore me to normal.”

“Okay then,” says Breanne as she reach forward towards Joan, “Come ‘ere sis.”

“Thank you Bree!” says Joan as Breanne touches her forehead.

The effects are instantaneous and while expecting the change, Breanne is still caught off guard.

Well, she still looks like Joan would, just better and improved.

Joan has basic look she did before, only now she is slightly taller and a lot prettier. She has a bright, lush red hair and shining green eyes. Her skin looks healthy and Joan has a good muscle structure.

Her features are more refined and her figure is average, which is a step up considering Joan didn’t have one before. And last, but not least...

“I have breasts,” squeals Joan as she looks down at herself with unconcealed joy.

“Only B cups at most,” says Breanne with a smile, noting that Joan’s clothes are now rather tight on her, “Perhaps you should change into something better suited to your new body.”

“In a moment,” replies Joan, not really paying attention, “I want to see how I look.”

Of course she does. Not that I’m in any position to speak given that I wanted to the exact same thing after I manifested. Well, I know I can help her.

“Oh, let me,” says Breanne as she shapeshifts into a handheld mirror.

“Thank you Bree,” replies Joan as she picks her up.

Wow, this feels weird.

“How about this for a suggestion,” says Breanne as she forms her face in miniature above the mirror, “I’ll turn into a dress later and you can wear me. I’m curious to see what it feels like and it seems like something we would both enjoy doing.”

“Sure thing Bree!” replies Joan happily as she checks herself out, “Oh thank you Bree! This is wonderful.”

“You’re welcome sis,” replies Breanne, more than happy to help her little sister, “Now let me change back. You have no idea how weird this feels.”

1 comment:

  1. So another interlude between this chapter and the next. This was mainly just characterising another of Joan's sisters. I'll admit the story could have done without it, but I wanted to write it and I enjoy writing non-plot relevant stuff every now and again, so I decided to throw it in an interlude.

    Anyway, I feel I got Breanne's personality right along with reactions of the other character in the interlude.

    Next time, we switch back to Leo as he and Belinda come to an understanding.

    ReplyDelete