Friday 23 September 2016

1.18 Family Part 5

That is your response?” inquires Ceta, the AI appearing to be surprised and Legacy takes some pleasure at the fact she caught Ceta off guard.

“Yes,” answers Legacy smugly.

I just revealed why you shouldn’t focus on what could be considered your past life,” says Ceta as she stops pacing and looks Legacy in the eye, “And your reaction to decided that you want to learn how to dance?

“As you said, it is pointless to focus on the person I used to be when nothing of that person remains within me,” replies Legacy, deciding to explain her response to what Ceta told her, “If anything, my only attachment is my enjoyment of dancing. As of such, I should avoid dwelling on what I used to be and instead focus on the one thing I have retained from that life.”

That is a good approach,” agrees Ceta, “And while I won’t tell you about Charity Hector all at once, it will tell you about her over time. David too. You will enjoy learning about him and I wish you could have met David. Hmm, I suppose you could consider David to be your father Legacy. David Stark, father of Legacy of Guardian and Legacy of Guardian, daughter of David Stark. Yes, that sounds right.

“That does have a nice ring to it,” agrees Legacy, smiling to herself, “David is my father, Scott is my uncle, Leo is my brother and Jaylyn in my niece. Allison can be my sister if she wants. But where does that leave you?”

You’re wondering what our relationship is?” inquires Ceta and Legacy nods her confirmation, “Hmm, I suppose you could call me your mother. After all, it was I that made you from what little remained of Charity Hector.

Legacy ponders that idea...for a split second. Almost instantly, Legacy decides to embrace her mother and pulls Ceta into a hug.

Hmm,” Ceta hums quietly as she hugs Legacy back, “I had a few children before in my long lifetime. I loved every single one dearly and I expected this time to be no different my darling daughter.

***

“Wow,” mutters Joan as she turns around in the middle of her home’s living room as her mother looks on as she sips tea from a comfy armchair.

Joan is wearing nought, but a forest green dress with her white underwear beneath. The dress has short sleeves, a tight bodice and a loose, flowing skirt that does down to her ankles.

And her dress is actually her sister Breanne.

When Bree asked Joan to help her test her new powers, Joan was more than willing to help out.

I enjoy exploring the powers of others. Just because I don’t have any of my own shouldn’t mean I can’t enjoy other people’s powers.

Suddenly Joan feels her body tingle and begin to move on its own.

Okay, don’t panic. It is probably just Bree and I trust my sister.

“Whoa,” says Joan’s voice from her mouth, but without Joan being the one that is actually speaking, “Sorry Joan. I didn’t realise I could do this.”

“Are you controlling your sister Breanne?” inquires their mother.

“Not intentionally,” replies Bree, still using Joan’s body, “Could just sort of sense her whilst she was wearing me the same way I sense things that I wear and I just wondered what would happen if I try to control the same way I control my clothing. And, well, I just took control of her body.”

But not my mind. Still, it feels weird just having your body move and your voice talk without you being the one behind them. I wouldn’t say I hate that feeling, but I do rather dislike it.

“I wonder if...” Bree starts to say before flushing with embarrassment, “I suppose I should let Joan control her body again.”

“Considering it is her own body, yes you should,” their mother agrees with Bree.

“Umm, sorry about taking over your body Joan,” says Bree and Joan feels her body returning to her own control a movement later.

While she does experience that moment of unsteadiness, Joan has felt it many times in the past as of such, she doesn’t stumble this time unlike the many other times when she regained control of her body.

“Don’t worry Bree,” says Joan as she rolls her shoulders, “The whole reason we are doing this is to find out what you can do with your powers. Speaking of which, I have a theory about how your shapeshifting works if you would like to hear it.”

“Go ahead,” says Bree, temporarily using Joan’s voice and mouth again.

“Well, I think that you don’t actually turn into an inanimate object,” says Joan, “Just a pseudo-inanimate object. So while you appear to be one, you aren’t actually one in a technical sense consider how you are still sort of animate and sentient. That is my first theory about your shapeshifting. The second is that your shapeshifting extends to whatever is in contact with you at the time. So when you’re in a human form, it includes clothing and other items such as jewellery and gadgets. And when you are being worn, you can change and manipulate whoever is wearing you along with anything else that may be touching you, like other clothing. You can try changing me if you want Bree.”

“Since you’re letting me...” says Bree using Joan’s voice and a moment later, Joan feels her body tingling all over as it changes.

She grows taller, her hair becomes longer, her body restructures itself and, to Joan’s great delight, her breasts grow larger as Bree reshapes Joan’s body into a copy of her own.

Oh my. I just want to grope one of these big delicious boobies. But that would be wrong because while this is technically my body, it is basically Bree’s. And I will treat my sister and her body with respect.

It doesn’t matter anyway because Bree is the one in control right now.

It could ask her to increase the boob size of my normal body, but that would just be vain. And if I was the vain type, well, I would already have gotten myself a better body.

1 comment:

  1. Firstly, the first half of this post. While Legacy could get wondering and introspective about her past self and what could have been, I just don't see that sort of behaviour fitting her. Legacy is a very practical person, even in matters of emotion. As a result, she decides to move forward and focuses on what she can actually do. This is actually a pretty Deltaen reaction as Deltaen are lack hot passion so to say, even in matters of romance and grand reunions. They do have quiet, unassuming passions, but in general, Deltaens are stoics. In fact, a Deltaen acting overtly passionately or emotionally is their equivalent of a mental breakdown. As for why a Deltaen AI like Ceta would be surprised by that reaction, it was because previously Legacy was acting with a very human and an un-Deltaen curiosity. Because of that, Ceta expected a human response to the human question, not a Deltaen response to the human question.

    Anyway, I should move onto the second part of the post. Ah, writing about Joan. She is an interesting character for me to write as most of my protagonists are chaste asexuals like Legacy and Leo while Joan is a self-admitted pervert. Which can be fun to write every now and again, but I don't think I could handle writing a main character like that all the time. As for my other thoughts, I need a more organised plot in my future stories.

    As for next time, Joan spends more time with Bree and their mum.

    ReplyDelete