Wednesday 14 September 2016

1.18 Family Part 1

Leo yawns as he wakes up after a nap in his bed. As he sits up and stretches, Leo recalls the events leading up to him going to sleep.

Let’s see...I introduced Jaylyn to Mum and Dad before explaining that I was very tired and wanted to go to bed.

We did have to fight a Harbinger.

Then we met Joan and Belinda in our room.

Gave Joan a hug. Gave our new sister a hug.

Yeah, then what?

We got into bed and took a nap.

Right.

Leo glances over at his alarm clock.

Not too late. About mid evening.

We slept for a quite while then since it was late morning when we went to bed.

Hmm, we should go and see how things are going then.

Agreed.

As Leo is climbing out of bed, Belinda pokes her head inside the bedroom.

“Umm, I heard getting up,” says Belinda nervously, “The rest of us have just finished having dinner. We didn’t want to disturb your sleep so, urr, we just left you. I hope you don’t mind.”

I wonder why she is so nervous.

Probably because this isn’t her home universe and she has no actual way of getting home.

Plus she hasn’t actually gotten to meet us yet.

“Not at all sis,” replies Leo as he walks towards the doorway, “You can come in by the way.”

“Umm, okay,” says Belinda as she steps fully into the room.

Hmm, she does like how we would as an Aphrodite.

But there did she get that grey sweatshirt and pair of black jogging bottoms from? She certainly wasn’t wearing those earlier.

Ask her.

“Hey Bel,” says Leo, “Where did you get those clothes from?”

“Oh, from Abigail,” replies Belinda before asking a question of her own, “You don’t seem to be bothered by me?”

What?

“Why would I be?” inquires Leo, genuinely confused by the unexpected question.

“Because I’ve basically appear out of nowhere and I’m going to disrupt your life,” answers Belinda, “Because you have to suddenly put up with a twin sister suddenly imposing herself in your life?”

Wait, what?

Is she serious? We have to put up with weird stuff like this ever since we got our powers.

Aye, this is nothing compared to what been through.

And so Leo starts laughing, catching Belinda completely off guard.

“Why are you laughing?” demands Belinda as she crosses her arms and glares at Leo.

“Because sis, you hardly the weirdest thing that has happened to me,” explains Leo in amusement, “Not by a long shot. Ever since I got my powers, I have had to deal with strangeness and weirdness left, right and centre. For starters there is Jaylyn. And Legacy. And Joan’s family. And the Harbingers. And those are only a few examples off the top of my head. So honestly, getting a new twin sister from another dimension might be weird, but it is also a pleasant surprise compared to lots of other weird things that have happened to me in these past few months.”

“Oh Leo,” cries Belinda as she darts forward and embraces Leo in a hug, “I’ll be a good sister!”

Of course she will.

We wouldn’t expect anything else.

“And I’ll be a good brother,” replies Leo as he hugs his sister back, “How are you adapting to this Earth Bel?”

“Pretty well,” replies Belinda as she leans back and looks Leo in the eye, “Your, our family has accepted me and Joan is trying and succeeding in being my friend. And now the DSA is sorting out the legal paper work for me to official exist in this universe. So hopefully I’ll be able to start school when they open again next week.”

“The schools are closed?” inquires Leo as he and Belinda let go of each other.

“Due to the Slaughter Seven,” answers Belinda, “Oh, I suppose I should tell you about Breanne and Joan.”

Joan?

Is she okay?

“What about Joan?” demands Leo.

“Don’t worry bro, Joan is fine,” Belinda reassures Leo, “But Breanne manifested this afternoon when some of the more extreme members of True Humanity tried to kidnap her.”

It seems we are going to have to deal with True Humanity. Again.

Perhaps we can try and splinter the moderate groups away from the extremist factions?

We should at least try. After all, it is an interesting idea.

Then we can crush those extremist factions without mercy.

“Joan?” inquires Leo.

“Some context first,” replies Belinda, “Amongst other powers, Breanne got the power to improve anything she touched once. So when she came home this early evening...”

“Joan got Breanne to improve her,” finishes Leo, “Yep, that sounds like our Joan.”

“Oh definitely,” agrees Belinda, “So Joan is fine. If anything, she is better than ever. Physically, well Legacy or Jaylyn can explain it to you. But now, Joan is average looking.”

Huh?

“So?” inquires Leo, not understanding what his sister means.

“Well, Joan was also below average before,” explains Belinda, “So now she has a decent figure, pretty looks and B cup breasts. She is real happy about that last one.”

“Of course she is,” says Leo dryly, “So about dinner...”

“Mum will whipped something up,” replies Belinda, “Speaking of which, Mum and Dad want to have a private chat with you. In particular, about your special activities.”

I suppose we had this coming sooner or later.

We might as well face the music.

1 comment:

  1. And now we have the start of Chapter 18 with interaction between Leo and Belinda. I am not sure if I already mentioned this already and I can't be bothered to look back through previous comments, but Belinda is an aborted arc that I decided to throw in anyway because I wanted to include her and I am the author.

    Anyway, my main concern about this post is that the relationship between Leo and Belinda is rushed. But at this point in the story, Leo's response to weird stuff is to go 'meh' and treat it as normal for reasons he just explained. So while Belinda is rightfully nervous and worried by the situation, Leo is just going to roll with it. And because of that, Belinda is going to follow his example as a coping mechanism. Which is treating him like her brother just as he is treating her like his sister.

    As for next time, Leo is going to have a chat with his parents.

    ReplyDelete