Wednesday 7 September 2016

1.17 Homecoming Part 6

Allison pulls up Joan on her contact list and dials her. It takes only a few seconds for her best friend to answer.

“Allison?” says Joan and Allison has never felt happier to her voice.

“Hey Joan,” replies Allison as she leaves the street.

“So Al, what’s up?” inquires Joan.

“My family finally kicked me out,” explains Allison, “Though I should admit that I kind of chose to leave in the process and I sort of forced my way past Simon on my way out.”

“So I’m guessing you need somewhere to stay,” replies Joan, quickly grasping the situation to Allison’s relief, “And since you’re phoning me instead of somebody else, I assume you want to continue your old life.”

Heh, good Joan. She summed up that I wasn’t going to Legacy because I wanted to keep up my secret identity while making sound so innocent. I wouldn’t expect anything less from Leo’s girlfriend. The guy is a firm believer that the woman of his life should be his equal.

“Pretty much,” admits Allison, feeling self-conscious about having to ask her best friend for help, “I know that you might not be able to help, but-”

“Honey,” says another voice that Allison vaguely recognises as Joan’s mother, Noelle Fowler, “Of course you can stay over here. The way your family has been treating you is just downright vile. I have honestly been meaning to do something about them for a while now, but haven’t gotten around to it yet. We’ll send Abigail over to pick you up now. No need to force you to make your way across town on your own.”

“Thank you,” replies Allison, feeling a bit tearful.

“See you here,” pipes in Joan before the phone call ends.

As she comes to a stop, Allison feels uneasy. For some reason, she suddenly feels alert and ready for battle as she has been many time whilst acting as Defender.

What is wrong you girl? I must have been through too many battles. No way is there anybody out here to get me.

But Allison takes notice of her surroundings, she realises that there is nobody about and night is falling. There is usually at least one or two people about in this part of town.

Okay, this really doesn’t feel right.

“You think you can just get away that easily you little @~&*ing bitch,” snarls an angry voice that reminds Allison of her stepbrother Derrick.

Oh don’t tell me that the stupid little excuse of a human being actually manifested.

With annoyed growl, Allison spins her wheelchair around to a massively improved version of dumbass stepbrother, both handsome and ripped, standing in the street.

A freaking Adonis. Of course Derrick is an Adonis and not something practical like a Bellator.

“Oh for crying out loud,” grumbles Allison as Derrick strides towards her.

“Don’t £#$%ing ignore me,” shouts Derrick spitting in her face, “Cannot just get away from being my bitch with such little effort.”

Allison laughs as she sees the fist coming towards her, easily tracking it with her super senses.

Does Derrick really believe he can just beat me like that? Oh wait, he thinks I’m just a helpless crippled girl in a wheelchair. Hah, little does he know that I’m an actually a B Class vigilante with plenty of combat experience. And while brick might be bland and simple, we do have our uses. It doesn’t matter if he out powers me, I got enough power, skill and experience to take him down.

Allison does nothing, just smiling like an idiot as she waits for the punch to connect with her face.

I can’t wait to see the look on his face.

But Allison doesn’t get that chance before Derrick’s fist pulls up short and he instead grabs her by the chin.

“I would hurt you, but I can’t be certain I wouldn’t kill a weakling like you,” sneers Derrick as Allison internally debates whether to hurt him or not, “Instead, I’m going to get you in trouble with the authorities just as you deserve.”

“And how exactly are you going to do that?” asks Allison dryly as she jerks her head away from Derrick.

“Why, you’re the manipulative and bullying stepsister who made an unprovoked attack on our father as he tries to rightfully punish you,” drawls Derrick, “You have record of causing trouble and picking on me. In fact, you have bullied me so much, that I actually manifested.”

“We both know that isn’t true,” mutters Allison.

“Who is going to believe somebody of your reputation over the sweet, well-behaved boy such as myself?” sneeringly asks Derrick as he leans in close to Allison.

Oh, that is it! Secret identity or not, I’m wiping that smug grin off his face. I have not whipped the butts of countless criminals and supervillains just to let Derrick of all people pull this @#£$ on me.

“I’ve heard enough,” states a strong, female voice as Allison is about to headbutt Derrick’s face.

Both Allison and Derrick turn to face a floating Aphrodite woman. She is tall with flowing brown hair and lush green eyes. She is wearing jeans and a white leather jacket whilst anger is etched into her facial features as she glowers at Derrick.

Oh, that must be Abigail. I hope it is anyway, not that I care given they are clearly going to help me.

Derrick recoils under her glare and suddenly sprints off, heading back down the street towards Allison’s former home.

Well, that is Derrick dealt with. For now at least.

“Are you okay?” inquires the Aphrodite, as she lands in front of Allison.

“I’m fine,” replies Allison, “You’re Abigail right?”

The woman nods.

I really am.

“Good,” says Abigail, “I’m going to teleport us back to the Mansion.”

“Okay,” replies Allison as Abigail touches her wheelchair. 

1 comment:

  1. Sorry about the delay given it has been almost two weeks since the last update. I haven't even got a good reason for it, but I just felt like doing other things more than putting out another update.

    As for this post, Derrick is deluding himself. Despite his manifestation and threats, he hasn't got anything on Allison. Despite what he believes, going to the authorities would backfire on him as while Derrick is ignoring factors he doesn't like.

    And as for physically hurt Allison with his new superpowers, well, Allison is a veteran B class Brick versus newbie Derrick with few physic B class powers and several D physical powers. It would not go in his favour and worst he would do is blow Allison's secret identity.

    As for other people not helping Allison sooner. The Gearys were mostly unaware, the Guardsmen didn't do anything major at Allison's request and the Fowlers have their own problems to deal with. And it didn't help things that Allison refused to ask for help and rejected help from unconventional and illegal angles.

    As for what will happen now, Derrick isn't just about to disappear and he isn't going to become a supervillain either.

    Anyway, next time Allison begins to get settle in with the Fowlers.

    ReplyDelete