Friday 12 August 2016

Interlude - Belinda

Belinda Oriana Geary hesitates as she waits by the door of her alternate’s bedroom, unwilling to go out into the corridor just yet.

This version of Earth is just so strange. And yet it is very similar and I almost forget where I am. But then something majorly different just comes along and reminds me of my situation.

We’ll work through this.

Yeah, we will. But this world will take some getting used to. They have only had powers here for six months and there is at least over a hundred thousand parahumans since then while our world had them for over two years and there wasn’t even twenty thousand yet. And there is at least five hundred A Class parahumans in this world while ours had less than twenty total.

We’ll have to get used to no longer being one of the most powerful people in the world.

I wonder when my alternate will get back.

Leo you mean?

Yeah, Leonard Orrell Geary. I wonder what he is like? I hope he is like me, but considering the major differences in our lives...we can’t be certain he will be like us at all. For starters he is a boy and has two younger siblings while we are, were, an only child. Plus he has Joan as a girlfriend rather than as the sister that we never had.

He is a good person like you are and he also choose to become a hero to do the right thing just as you did. Just ask Joan, she is coming to see us right now.

It isn’t Joan, just her alternate.

“May I come in?” asks this world’s Joan as she pushes the door wide open and strides in.

“You’re supposed to wait for a response for coming in,” replies Belinda as Joan hops down on the bed.

“I know,” answers Joan with a shameless smile.

Well, at least she is like our Joan.

I suppose.

“Come and sit next to me,” says Joan as she pats bed next to her.

Why not?

Doing as the alternate Joan says, Belinda plops herself down next to the smaller girl.

“So what do you want?” asks Belinda as she looks down at the smaller girl.

“Well, first I want to tell you that I think you’re beautiful,” replies Joan, causing Belinda to flush red in response, “I know you’re an Aphrodite, but just look at yourself.”

Now feeling both pleased and self-conscious at the compliment, Belinda looks down at herself.

Joan does have a point. I am very beautiful, beyond the point that a normal person could naturally hope to reach.

Her long, sleek blonde hair is draped over her large breasts with her cleavage exposed by the tightly fitting white t-shirt. Belinda looks past her breasts at her denim skinny jeans covering her legs.

I have long and pretty hair, an excellent hourglass figure and perfect features. I supposes I am beautiful. At least by my own definitions

“But what I don’t get is why you’re an Aphrodite rather than a Bellator,” continues Joan.

“What?” replies Belinda, confused by what Joan just asked her.

“Well, Leo is a very practical and pragmatic person hence why his Enhanced rating is a Bellator,” explains Joan, “You on the other hand are an Aphrodite, which applies when people care more about looks.”

“Well, while I’m a tomboy at heart, I still like to be a girly girl,” replies Belinda, “I suppose that is why I am an Aphrodite. That said, I am also partially Bellator as my Enhanced body puts my physique at C+ Class plus levels.”

“Really?” says Joan, sounding like she only half-believes what she is being told, “Well, I suppose there are weirder things than having a mega-hybrid superpower. That said, I’m certain that are some supers already with powers like that.”

“Yeah,” agrees Belinda absentmindedly.

“Hey Bel,” says Joan suddenly, getting that cheeky look on her face that Belinda wouldn’t recognise anywhere.

At least some things are same in this universe.

Joan reaches forward with her hand towards Belinda’s chest. And while she spots it easily with her increased reaction times and perception and could easily block the relatively slow motion with her superior reflexes, Belinda lets it happen.

My Joan did this plenty of times as well.

Joan’s hand squeezes Belinda’s breast and Belinda, deciding to have a bit of fun herself, quickly grabs Joan at inhuman speeds and thrusts her head towards her breast. As her head is buried in Belinda’s breasts, Joan lets out a yelp that is muffled by the mounds of flesh.

As she lets go of Joan, Belinda starts to laugh and as soon as she has pulled her head back, Joan joins her.

This Joan is going to be just fine.

See? Look on the bright sight of things Belinda.

As their laugh dies down after a minute or so, Belinda pulls Joan into a hug and Joan hugs her back.

“Thank you for being here for me,” whispers Belinda into Joan’s ear.

“No problem,” replies Joan, “Leo has always been there for me and you’re basically Leo if he had been born a girl. How big are they anyway?”

“So you think of me as female version of Leo?” inquires Belinda, genuinely curious about this matter, “Oh, the girls are F cups.”

“Wow,” mutters Joan before answering Belinda’s question, “Well, yeah. Of course I do. I mean, I wouldn’t have done that to anybody else. I haven’t done it with my own family, with Allison it would be to awkward and it would just be plain weird to do it to Legacy.”

“Legacy?” repeats Belinda.

I have never heard of that girl before.

And such a strange name.

“Guardian,” replies Joan with a shrug, “Half-alien mutant super soldier superhero with no memories of her past and my best friend. But we can talk about her later. I want to show you something first.”

“Sure,” replies Belinda, intrigued by whatever Joan wishes to show her.

Aren’t you bothered by whom or rather what Legacy is?

Not at the moment. Besides, she is Joan’s best friend so we don’t need to worry about her.

Joan pulls out a smartphone and holds the screen in front of Belinda.

Don’t react to this and keep it quiet.

This is the only secret I haven’t spilled today and probably the most important.

Okay, now I definitely want to know what this is.

The text on the screen of the phone changes, breaking apart and reforming into a series of different words.

Hello Aunt Belinda. I am Jaylyn Geary, more commonly known Sentinel to the world at large. I am an AI created by my father Leonard Orrell Geary and my true nature is known only to a select few. Pleasure to meet you.

Wow.

Oh yes.

I can’t believe this.

You’re an aunt.

Oh shut it Determined Protector.

1 comment:

  1. Gah! I deleted the tab before I could publish the comment! As I can't be bothered to re-write all of it, I'll summarised.

    Interlude is the start of aborted arc. Cancelled it along with others because I need to changed my plans due to realisation of protagonists being overpowered. Will wrap up arc either off-screen or in a short story. Started arc anyway due to wanting to write it and I am the author so I get to pick what I write.

    I found it hard to write the more fan-servicey bits. This is because I don't write anything that can really be considered sexual outside of the Aphrodites and Adonises. Even that is limited to Aprhodites because as a heterosexual male, I struggle to picture other boys being 'hot', 'sexy' and 'attractive' while girls are easy. Can't help that fact. Couldn't pick any females I knew acting like this so I had to resort to using TV Tropes, anime and animated TV shows in my research. Research felt unusually weird to do. Need to practice writing more sexual stuff or decided if I want to only write non-sexual stuff. Latter harder to do as I like to realise stuff and sexual stuff exists in reality.

    Next time, Leo returns home and swings by the base first to prepare.

    ReplyDelete