Sunday 24 July 2016

Godslayer Arc 1.23 Revelations Part 2

“So what happened to Solara?” asks Drakvar as he stares down at the warrior-spirit in question, taking in her new appearance.

While her form primarily remains the same, it has taken a new look to it with fire replacing the light.

Where Solara was once white with gold plates of armour, she is now the colour of fire with black plates of armour. The white strands of light on her head have been replaced by locks made entirely of flames.

“I told you, she got destabilised by de Avatar of Paradise idiot,” replies Valen as he leans against the wall, “So to keep her from giving worse, I used my Grandfather’s pipe to fix her up and well, you can see de results. And it was my Grandfather who earn my family name of Greatflame.”

“So Solara is alright?” inquires Drakvar further, seeking confirmation.

“Yeah,” confirms Valen, “De only difference is dat Solara is a fire spirit now rather than a light spirit.”

“I already knew that,” says Jordis from where she is seating on a chair, an open book on her lap, “I spent the last two days with her while you two and been off together and Sir Galamin and the Ordic have been doing something and Shocker has been with her friends in the Inner Districts.”

“De idiot didn’t know,” points out Valen.

“Valen is right,” agrees Drakvar.

“Okay,” says Jordis as she goes back to reading her book.

To Drakvar’s surprise, Valen begins to laugh.

“What is so funny?” inquires Drakvar, confused at his friend’s behaviour.

“I’m just realising how well we fit in with each other because we don’t fit in at all,” explain Valen, “By de standards of society, we are freaks and outcasts, but dat is what draws us together. Never have I felt like a greater outcast than I am right now, but dis is also de first time I have truly felt like I belong.”

“I would comment on it myself, but this is all I know,” replies Drakvar, “You, Solara and Jordis are the closest people I have to family because I don’t even know who I am biologically related to. I have parents and a younger sister from what Shocker said, but I don’t know more than that.”

“I don’t have much family myself,” admits Valen, “Ma and pa died back when I was real young. My aunt and Divine-damned uncle took in my sister, but didn’t take me. De blasted gib hated my father and effectively casted me out of my own family. De Church did take me in and I’ve been part of it ever since. I suppose one of the reasons I want to improve my fire magic to strengthen my connection to my family. To me, my Light Magic represent my connection to the Church while my Fire Magic represents my connection to my family.”

Drakvar is about to reply when lightning comes flying towards him. Clearing noting it is supernatural origin and having a good of idea of who is behind it, Drakvar just ignore it as do Valen and Jordis.

“Hey Shocker,” says Drakvar as the Champion of Ti’darkei Order enters and in response, he receives more lightning.

“Don’t call me that!” says Shocker with a glare at Drakvar as Sir Galamin follows her into the room.

“I have brought Shocker so we can discuss recent events given how all of you have been affected,” states Sir Galamin.

“Okay, but there is something I wish to tell you first,” says Shocker.

“If it is about your super strength, senses and whatnot from birth, we already know about that,” replies Valen bluntly to Shocker’s shock, “Actually, we know more about it than you do probably given that we know the origins and extent of such powers.”

“How?” demands Shocker, still slightly shocked.

“Do you know of Saints?” inquires Sir Galamin.

“Those guys from Jord Mythology? Do you really expect me to believe in nonsense like that?” replies Shocker sarcastically and Valen begins to laugh, “What?”

“You found out magic is real, you got your powers and you’re speaking to the First Saint himself,” explains Valen through his laughter, “And yet you still believe the supernatural is impossible and just dismiss it like a typical Southerner.”

“T-that isn’t true,” protests Shocker in indignation, “B-but, that would...”

“Yes Champion Miskara,” says Sir Galamin, “You are Champion Miskara Stormmistress the Second Saint of Mirra.”

“That is-just no,” sputters Shocker in shock before letting out a nervous laugh, “Imp-impossible-Gah!”

With a cry of wild frustration, Shocker sends a bolt of electricity at Drakvar, who instinctively raises a hand to block it.

Sir Galamin gives Shocker a look and the newly declared Second Saint looks away in slight embarrassment.

“Would you like me to explain to you what Saints and Demigods are and what it means in your case?” asks Sir Galamin to the flushed Shocker.

“Yes, I really would,” replies Shocker in a quiet voice as she looks down at the floor.

“There are twenty Demigods and Saints in total,” says Sir Galamin as Shocker sits down on a chair next to Drakvar, “Each of which are rated by how powerful they are as a Saint or Demigod. As I am the strongest, I am the First Saint. I can tell from observing you that you are one of the top three and since I am the First and Grandmaster Loric is the Third, you must be the Second.”

“Oh,” mutters Shocker, “So you lot already know about my abilities?”

“Yes,” replies Sir Galamin, “And each Demigod or Saint has a connection to one of the Elder Gods or Four Divines respectively. Demigods means Those Born Of The Gods while Saints means Those Blessed By The Gods. From your electrical powers, you are clearly tied to Mirra, Lightning Soldier and Storm Goddess.”

“How does that work?” asks Miskara hesitantly, sounding very nervous, “Did this Goddess of yours pick me at birth or something?”

“De ties between a Divine and a Saint are formed at birth and without de input of the Divine,” explains Valen, “But de Saint is always someone acceptable to de Divine.”

“Saints and Demigods are always exceptional and rise to position of power while they are young,” continues Sir Galamin, “And only partially because those who know what a Saint or Demigod is want to get them under the control. Such as Alisarr and Dorrin.”

“So I was picked as the Champion because I am a Saint,” says Shocker, very distressed at the idea.

“No Champion Miskara,” replies Sir Galamin firmly, “You were picked because you are more than capable of fulfilling that duty. The fact you are a Saint just helped them realise your talent early.”

“Oh thank the Gods!” exclaims Shocker, clearly relieved at the news.

“I would also recommend not using your headset,” says Sir Galamin, “As a Saint, your powers run on Mana and Psychics used a fine balance of Chi and Mana. Due to the incompatible of Chi and Mana, your Psychic focuser is limiting your abilities rather than enhancing them in the case of the majority of Psychics as the use of Chi weakens your Mana-powered Saint abilities.”

“Oh, alright,” says Shocker and she pushes a button on her headset and the lights on it flicker and die.

“Now, if you wish for further training, you would be more than welcome to join the session in which I train my Squire Drakvar,” says Sir Galamin, “You know where to find us.”

“I will take you up on that offer,” replies Shocker.

“Now, we must discuss the powers you got from the Deceiver Entity...”

1 comment:

  1. This will be the last post of Godslayer for a while as I am working on the next three bits of it and will upload when they are done. Which I can't say when as I have no clue when I will get that lot of writing done. Right now, I am writing a short story that I got from exploring an idea I personally haven't seen explored before and wasn't able to do so in Legacy. And it has gotten significantly larger than just a short story and I am still on a roll.

    Anyway, this part is just sort of wrapping things up and setting the stage for the next part of story. I would give more background, but it should have already been explained or is going to be in the future.

    As of such, next time will be the start of Chapter 16.

    ReplyDelete