Sunday 10 July 2016

Godslayer Arc 1.21 Revelations Part 1

Knight Sirakor waits impatiently with the Pages Kiri and Satri as the three of them sit at an outside table of the Radiant Dawn Restaurant. They have only been here for a couple of minutes, but Sirakor is already eagerly awaiting the arrival of her best friend.

To Sirakor, the unexpected development of Miskara wanting to meet them here is both exciting and worrying. Exciting because her best friend is finally doing something with her again and worrying because Sirakor has no idea why Miskara wants to meet the three of them here.

Engrossed in her thoughts as they wait for their order, Sirakor doesn’t notice Miskara arriving.

“Knight Sirakor, Page Kiri, Page Satri,” says Miskara as she takes a seat at their table, “Greetings.”

“Oh, Miskara, you’re here,” says Sirakor as she jumps slightly at Miskara’s sudden arrival.

“A pleasure to see you too Knight Sirakor,” replies Miskara, “Have you ordered yet?”

“Um, yes, we have,” answers Satri, “Sorry.”

“But the waitress is coming back right now,” says Sirakor as she notices the young female Kith coming back.

“Excellent,” says Miskara, “I will order and then we shall dine together.”

Sirakor is about to reply when she feels something being passed to her under the table. It feels like a note parchment.

A sudden burst of pain strikes her head and Sirakor grunts in pain even as she feels thoughts forming her mind.

ReAD thE nOte in PrIVaTe laTEr.

“Are you okay Knight Sirakor?” inquires Miskara and she and their other two friends look at her in concern.

“Yeah,” replies Sirakor as she puts the note in a pouch and another hand to her forehead as she gives Miskara a pained smile, “I’m perfectly fine.”

***

Miskara nervously waits on a rooftop of an old warehouse as Sirakor, Kiri and Satri approach the location that she marked on the note. As always whenever she is trying to remain unrecognised, Miskara is wearing her old grey and black hooded cloak that conceals her body and face.

It has worked so well in the past. Nobody has ever recognised me while I have been out and about in secret. I can’t wait to bring my friends in on my little secrets. It will be so great to finally be able to share such things with other people.

I mean, sure I’m sharing my secrets with that lot, but to be honest, I feel more like I’m sharing their adventures and secrets.

“So Miskara said to meet her here,” says Sirakor as she and the others come to a halt.

“What do you think she wants?” asks Kiri, “First showing up at your quarters, second having lunch with us at a restaurant and now dis.”

“No idea,” replies Satri, “Unlike you two, I have only known her for a few days.”

“Actually, I don’t know her dat well either,” says Kiri, “Sirakor is de only one of us who truly knows Miskara.”

I suppose I should go down now.

Activating her “swift mode”, where everything seems to be in slow motion to Miskara whilst she moves normally, Miskara jumps down from the rooftop, landing in front of her friends.

“Greetings,” says Miskara to her shocked friends.

“W-hat, oh hello-” Sirakor starts to reply, but is cut off with a yelp as Miskara embraces her in a hug.

“Are you okay?” asks Satri and she and Kiri just stare at Miskara and this unexpected move on her part.

“Why yes I am Satri,” answers Miskara with a smile on her face as she releases Sirakor from her embrace.

“Yes!” exclaims Sirakor as she gives Miskara a hug of her own, “You’re acting like your old self again!”

“Is Miskara acting normal freaking you out as well?” whispers Kiri to her fellow page Satri.

“Yeah,” Satri replies, also whispering, “Do you think she can hear us?”

“I can,” replies Miskara as she glances at them and both girls jump with shock.

“Huh?” says Sirakor as she lets go of Miskara and looks up at her.

“I want to do some explaining,” states Miskara.

“If it is about what is going on,” says Sirakor, “I can put two and two together. You want to hang out with us, but don’t want to ruin your reputation so you are doing it in secret. Hence why we are meeting here in de middle of some abandoned warehouses and you are wearing dat old cloak.”

“That is partially the case,” admits Miskara, “But I also wanted to share with you my private activities and some secrets about myself that I have told no one else.”

“Oh?” asks Sirakor, sounding very curious.

“First I want to show you something,” says Miskara as she pulls out a revolver from inside her cloak.

“A gun-what-” starts Sirakor as Miskara aims the revolver at the side of her head and pulls the trigger.

Miskara barely registers the impact of the bullet, feeling nothing more than a dull tap. The metal projectile drops to the floor as it bounces harmlessly off of the Champion of the Ti’darkei Order.

Letting out a weak smile at the stunned looks of the other three girls, Miskara says, “As you can see, I have a far few things to tell you.”

1 comment:

  1. So, I would say something, but I honestly don't remember what I was thinking at the time I was writing this. Other than that shooting herself in the head was good way for Miskara to get her friends' attention for them to take her seriously.

    Other than that, well... In somewhat unrelated news, I am only going to post a couple more post of Godslayer before going on a hiatus for it. I will continue with it, but the next three bits of it that I am writing are a three parter and I want to get it done right before posting for public viewing. So instead, I will be posting Legacy three times a week instead.

    Anyway, next time on Godslayer, an extra long post where Valen gets fed up with the Darklurkers and does something about it. Drakvar comes along.

    ReplyDelete