Thursday 21 July 2016

1.15 Brimstone Part 6

“Those deals are acceptable,” answers Tar’garieth, “I agree to both of them.”

“Good,” replies Gears as Lion steps away from Tar’garieth.

Can you heal him Tea?

Of course. In fact, I can restore all of the damage we caused.

You can? Even the ones we killed?

Yes, but they aren’t dead like humans are. These things are unnatural. Bringing them back from the dead is more like fixing your armour than if I were to bring a human being back to life.

Makes sense. Could you all do that as well as healing Tar’garieth?

Of course, but why?

Gesture of goodwill.

Ahh.

Gears watches Tar’garieth is restored to his previous state and rises to his feet.

“Thank you Gears of the Guardsmen,” rumbles Tar’garieth as he picks his sword up, “Now I shall uphold my half of the deal.”

He places one of his hand on the blade of Gears’ halberd and both the hand and the halberd glow black.

Gears watches as his halberd changes, the shaft becoming a midnight black while the blade head turns into a red crystal that it looks like it is made of ruby or something similar.

Any of you guys know what Tar’garieth has done to it?

I do. He has made it stronger, self-repairing, it can reappear in your grip and fires those black beams of energy from a charge that refills itself over time or when your blade is used to kill or harm. It also burns anything it cuts and be stored in ‘hyperspace arsenal’.

How do you know all that?

Just kinda do.

Okay then.

“Thank you Prince Tar’garieth,” replies Gears and Tar’garieth moves his hand away, “Now let me fulfil the next part of our agreement.”

Hey Tea.

Yes?

If I give items from my utility belt to Tar’garieth, can you restore my belt?

Yes, I can. Interesting plan.

Good. Please refill my belt every time I give something to Tar’garieth.

As you wish.

Gears hands over the contents of his utility belt to Tar’garieth six times, explaining how each of the different items work to the Demon Prince.

“Ah, thank you for your gifts,” rumbles a pleased Tar’garieth once Gears has handed over the last of the items he is giving Tar’garieth, “You are most generous.”

“I merely seek goodwill,” replies Gears, “And I wish to strengthen the Demon Price who already respects my martial skill and understands how dangerous I can be.”

“True,” agrees Tar’garieth as he looks at Gears appreciatively, “Now it is time for you to return to your world.”

“Good,” says Gears, “I am looking forward to returning home.”

Tar’garieth sheathes his broadsword on his back and aims all four of his hands towards the centre of the room, palms facing outwards.

A large portal of swirling red energy opens in the middle of the throne room and Gears strides towards it.

Making sure he has everything and that Tea has fully restored his armour, equipment and health, Gears steps into the portal with all five of his companions.

“Good wishes Hero Prince Gears,” Gears hears Tar’garieth say as he fully enters the portal, “May we meet again on mutually favourable terms.”

Hero Prince?

He must see you as an equal.

And you did tell him that you are a hero.

And the rest of all that?

I think Tar’garieth is genuinely wishing you well.

As Gears step out of the outside of the portal, he quickly realises he isn’t back on Earth. Instead, he is in a damaged room made of metal. As he looks around the worn down room, Gears notes that now his companions are no longer physically with him, all of them confined to his mind again.

“Candor Gears,” says a smooth, clipped voice with a digital thang to it, “Please pardon my hijacking of your portal, but I wished to speak with you.”

Spin around with his halberd in his left hand and his right hand going to one of his handguns, Gears spots a being that is slightly over two metres tall with six arms.

The creature is lean and covered in sleek black power armour with an angular mask that has four red eye lenses and looks better fitted for a cat than a human.

Gears can’t help, but note the amount of equipment and gadgets dotted about on the creature’s armour.

“I am Drakvar Atrivaric,” continues the creature, “Welcome to Korvica Hallif Tren. Or what is left of it.”

“As you say,” replies Gears, “So why am I here then?”

“You know the Ordic right?” inquires Drakvar.

Ordic?

That is Deltaen for Guardian remember.

Wait, is this guy asking if we know Legacy?

No, just if we know the Guardian.

Legacy isn’t the first Guardian after all. Drakvar here probably knew a past Guardian.

“I know the current one,” answers Gears.

“I am aware of that fact that while Alpha Ceta Omegaris remains eternal, her champion will change as the eons wear on,” replies Drakvar as he holds a hand out, “Please pass this onto de current Ordic.”

In the hand of the alien is a small round device.

“What is it?” asks Gears as he takes it and puts it away in his utility belt.

“A data device containing de records of our world since our Ordic died and Omegaris moved onwards,” answers Drakvar, “I will open a portal for you to return to your world now.”

“Thank you Drakvar,” says Gears, “Where will I end up?”

“In battle against de Niltoc,” replies Drakvar as a blue-white portal appears next to Gears.

“Niltoc?” inquires Gears.

“I do not know the English name for the Niltoc,” explains Drakvar, “Please take this device. It should serve you against the Hasnin et Roraks”

Drakvar holds another device, this one definitely a weapon of some kind.

It is made of a smooth dark grey metal with a trigger at the end. Beyond that, it consists of a collect of sleek glowing metal parts connected with glow electric-like energy.

“Thank you again,” says Gears as he takes and puts into his utility belt, “I’ll be going now.”

“Good fate Deldin Gears,” says Drakvar as Gears steps into the portal, “May you send the Niltoc scurrying under your might.”

1 comment:

  1. So in this post, the bit with Tar'garieth is wrapped up and Leo gets a powerful weapon out of it. Speaking Tar'garieth, I don't believe I mentioned this yet, but Tar'garieth started out a boss in one of my D&D campgaigns. Went down real easy due to the well-coordinated teamwork of an experienced team and creative use of various abilities.

    As for the second half, you get to see Old Man Drakvar as I have been unofficially calling him in my mental notes. In case, you have noticed, there are plenty of differences between this Drakvar and the one in Godslayer as the former is 736 while the latter is 16. A lot can happen in seven centuries. Just look at that accent!

    Anyway, next time will be a post of the full fight between Leo and Tar'garieth. Followed by either an interlude or the start of Chapter 16.

    ReplyDelete