Monday 16 May 2016

Godslayer Arc 1.16 Explanations Part 2

“So dis is where you live?” asks Shocker as she looks around the abandoned factory that Drakvar and others call home.

“Yes,” answers Drakvar, “Me, Valen, Jordis, Solara and Sir Galamin. I started living here after I lost my memories and the others joined me afterwards.”

“But what if de owner tries to use de building again?” presses Shocker, “Or what if somebody buys de land and tries to use it?”

“I don’t know,” Drakvar answers with a shrug.

“Oh,” mutters Shocker, “So where is Sir Galamin?”

“He stays on the floor beneath the top one,” replies Drakvar.
Shocker is silent as Drakvar leads her up to the second to top floor of the factory.

“What are you thinking Shocker?” asks Jordis as she looks up at the older girl.“I used to think dat I lived a lacklustre life style,” replies Shocker, “But compared to dis, I live in de lab of luxury. I mean, what is your financial situation?”

“Valen, Solara and Jordis have no money,” answers Drakvar as he sits down in a chair, “Sir Galamin has plenty of Jord coins while I have a local copper and two tin coins.”

“Dat is all!” exclaims Shocker as she takes a seat next to him and Jordis climbs onto Drakvar’s lap.

“Yes,” answers Drakvar, “At the moment, I am looking for work, but it is hard to do so given my memory loss and that the others are all foreigners.”

“Here,” says Shocker as she pulls out a leather pouch and hands it over to Drakvar, “A coin purse of twenty gold coins. You can also collect bounties for wanted criminals by turning dem into de local Watch Department. Don’t worry about corruptness in de District Authorities as de City Authorities are de ones posting de bounties.”

“Thank you,” replies Drakvar as he accepts the gift from Shocker.

“I am here,” declares Sir Galamin as he enters the room, “Greetings Champion Miskara.”

“Greetings Sir Galamin,” replies Shocker as she politely inclines her heads towards him, “I am awaiting an explanation on yesterday’s events. I am most eager to find out what exactly when on given it violated several of what I used to consider basic beliefs born of common sense.”

“Ah yes, I am aware of the ignorance many Southerners have when it comes to the supernatural,” says Sir Galamin, “I believe the best place to start would be with how magic works before going onto the events that you took part in.”

And so Sir Galamin explains what magic is to Shocker and how it works, very similar to Drakvar’s own conversation with Valen if more detailed. Not before long, Sir Galamin goes into how him, Drakvar and the others all met each other before moving onto the matter with Paliyil Dibar, Fatimir Baric and Verra Baric.

“So dat spear you told me to look after actually contains de soul of a person?” asks Shocker in a shocked voice.

“That would be correct,” replies Sir Galamin, “I assume you are taking good care of Fatimir just as I asked you to?”

“Of course,” replies Shocker, “It-she is currently in de care of my page and I trust my page to care proper care of de spear.”

“So what is going to happen with Paliyil and Fatimir now?” asks Drakvar, speaking for the first time in this discussion.

“Paliyil’s sortel was ripped from Fatimir’s body, something I believed was done by whomever he turned to once he betrayed his former patron so we wouldn’t be able to question him,” answers Sir Galamin, “Unfortunately, that left Fatimir’s body without any soul or mind and in the absence of such, a new one of each was formed.”

“So what does dat mean?” asks Shocker.

“In essence, it means that a new person is inhabiting Fatimir’s body, born only yesterday,” replies Sir Galamin, “I have left this person in the care of Verra Baric since she is technically the mother of this new person.”

“So what about Fatimir den?” continues Shocker, “Can we get her body back to her or will she be trapped in dat spear?”

“Unfortunately, the latter will be the case,” answers Sir Galamin, “Only two souls and only one Kith body, one of them will have to reside in the spear. After I spoke with Fatimir yesterday and explained the situation to her, she decided that she would much rather remain in the spear than inflict the same fate upon someone else that she herself has suffered.”

“I will take care of her den,” says Shocker solemnly.

“Only until I find a new body for Fatimir, a task I will admit may take some time.” says Sir Galamin, “Do you any more questions?”

Shocker hesitates before replying, “Not right now. I need to return to Kar’mire Keep anyway. But I would like to return here in de future if dat is okay.”

“Of course,” replies Sir Galamin, “It has been a pleasure speaking with you Champion Miskara. May the Four Divines guide your way.”

“Bye Shocker!” shouts Jordis as she waves vigorously at the older girl, who in turn winces at the nickname. 

1 comment:

  1. So this post, mainly just sort of wrapping things up and getting Miskara brought up to speed in-story.

    Next time, we have the perspective of Miskara's page as she discovers something rather odd about the spear entrusted to her...

    ReplyDelete