Sunday 8 May 2016

Godslayer Arc 1.15 Explanations Part 1

“Greetings Shocker,” says Drakvar as the Kith girl jumps down from the rooftop as he and Jordis take an alleyway shortcut.

“Don’t call me dat!” replies Shocker angrily, blasting Drakvar with a bolt of electricity with the usual results.

“Who is dis?” asks Jordis as the young Kithen looks out from behind Drakvar, “Is she a friend of yours?”

“Sort of,” answers Drakvar, “Jordis, this is Shocker. Shocker, this is Jordis Sunblade.”

“I just said don’t call me dat!” replies Shocker, unleashing more electricity on Drakvar.

“So why are you here?” inquires Drakvar.

“Dat guy, Galamin, said to come to de Twelfth District if I wanted an explanation about yesterday’s events,” replies Shocker stiffly, “Which I do by de way.”

“Fine, I will take you to him then,” says Drakvar.

“But Drakvar,” protests Jordis as she tugs on his sleeve, “You said we were going to go to a café to eat. And now you want to go back without doing dat!”

“We can do it later,” replies Drakvar as he kneels down to look Jordis in the eye.

“Promise?” asks Jordis.

“Of course,” Drakvar reassures the young girl.

“Your sister is different rather what your records say,” states Shocker as she watches the two of them.

“I have a sister?” repeats Drakvar, surprised at this new piece of information about his old life.

“How can you not know dat?!” exclaims Shocker, blasting Drakvar again.

“I lost all of my memories eleven days ago,” answers Drakvar defensively.

“Wait what?” says Shocker, stunned by this news, “But we first met fifteen days ago…”

“I have no memory of that,” replies Drakvar.

“B-but if you have no memory of dat day, but all of dose times afterwards…,” mutters Shocker, not 
paying attention to Drakvar, “Den…slug.”

“So you know more dan Drakvar does,” says Jordis as she comes out from behind Drakvar and addresses Shocker.

“I guess,” replies Shocker as she looks down at Jordis, “I have all of my memories.”

“Den can you explain what Kith milk is?” asks Jordis, “I’ve been seeing it in the shops in bottles, but when I asked Drakvar, he said he doesn’t know what it is and Valen refuses to tell me.”

“W-well,” replies Shocker, seeming flustered at what she is being asked, “A-all mammals on de planet produce milk during de m-mating season once dey are m-matured. But, y-you see, Kith are capable of ma-mating all year around so we are always in de m-mating sea-season. Because of dat, we are always producing milk once we are old enough. It is stored in de breasts of a female Kith and it causes dem to swell as more milk is produced. How much milk can be stored depends on de size of a woman’s breasts, which grow to their default size during de first time dat they begin producing milk. Eventually it gets unhealthy for de breasts to swell larger and de woman is milked. Den, de milk is either kept by de woman and used by her or anyone else she lets drink it or it is sold like de milk you saw earlier in de shops.”

“Oh,” says Jordis and she is silent for a moment as she looks thoughtfully at Shocker, “Do you produce milk?”

“W-what!” exclaims Shocker, “H-how can you-that is so rude! You can’t just ask someone dat!”

But Jordis just looks at her expectantly.

“I started producing milk only a few months ago,” answers Shocker quietly, almost too quiet for Jordis and Drakvar to hear as she blushes furiously beneath her cloak, “I’m going to have to get a new breastplate to accommodate my new measurements.”

“We should probably get going,” says Drakvar as he eyes a pair of Darklurkers watching them from the end of the alley.

“Oh? Dose guys?” says Shocker as she follows Drakvar’s gaze, “Not a problem.”

She fires off a burst of electricity at them and electrocutes both of them before they can flee. Drakvar can’t help, but note that Shocker’s attack is a lot weaker than what she usually uses against him.

“What is it with all de gang activity down in dis district anyway?” asks Shocker.

“The Twelfth District has no Ti’darkei Knights, minimal support from the City Authorities, the majority of the District Authorities are highly corrupt while the Twelfth District Watch Department is severely underfunded,” explains Drakvar, “Because of all that, the gangs practically run the Twelfth District.”

“Dat can’t be de case,” protests Shocker, “Dat is de complete opposite of what is reported in de Inner Districts. And de Ti’darkei Order would never let things get dat bad in one of Kar’mire’s Districts.”

“They have,” disagrees Drakvar, “Ask anybody who lives here in the Twelfth District and they will tell you the same. As for your reports, I did say that the District Authorities are extremely corrupt. They would never let the true status of the Twelfth District get out to higher authorities.”

“I see,” mutters Shocker darkly, “But I can deal with dat later. I still want an explanation about yesterday’s events.”

“Follow me then,” says Drakvar.

1 comment:

  1. So for this update, I want to expose Drakvar's memory loss to Miskara and have Miskara get embarrassed. So to do that, I simply had Jordis ask Miskara about a part of Kith biology, something that is biologically similar to cows' getting milk, but more culturally akin to the periods of girls & women. Or so I assume as I don't know much about how periods are generally treated. I'll freely admit that much. I also felt it was a good way to empathise the fact that Kith are different to humans.

    Other than that, mostly just interaction between the three characters and some in-universe information sharing.

    Anyway, next time on Godslayer, Miskara is brought up to date on the living conditions of Drakvar and co before being introduced into the world of magic.

    ReplyDelete