Friday 22 April 2016

Interlude - Allison

Allison resist the urge to get up and kick her brother. Derrick is being a total ass and due to fact, she is keeping her powers a secret, there is nothing that Allison can do to put him in his rightful and well-deserved place.

She can’t count on her mother and stepfather to deal with Derrick. Derrick always portrays himself as hardworking, kind hearted and the one in need of help in the eyes of every authority figure.

Their parents always believe Derrick over Allison as due to his efforts, they see her as a selfish brat who tries to exploit her poor younger brother. And Nathan isn’t any help either even if he is nowhere as near as bad as Derrick.

Nathan is a kind and helpful person, but is simply dumb and far too loyal to his older brother. Derrick always uses Nathan against her. If it weren’t for that sole fact, Allison feels that she might have been able to get along with Nathan.

Perhaps even grown to love him as a brother.

“So,” drawls Derrick, “Is my homework done yet?”

Derrick is an overweight lad of fourteen years old with short black hair and devious brown eyes, quite the contrast to the fit Allison with her long blonde hair and blue eyes.

I don’t get how I stayed fit when I haven’t been able to my legs for years and he can’t when all of his body is working perfectly.

“I don’t know,” replies Allison as she keeps her distaste hidden, “It is your homework.”

“Let me put it in terms we both understand,” says Derrick with distain, “You do my homework for me as best as you can or I’ll tell mum and dad about how you been picking on me.”

“I haven’t,” retorts Allison as she begins to wheel herself away.

“Not so fast sis,” says Derrick as he grabs a hold of Allison’s wheelchair, “We still-”
Derrick stutters and breaks off his sentence as Allison grabs his arm very firmly.

“Do not call me ‘sis’ fattie,” snarls Allison as she looks Derrick in the eye, “We are not family.”

Derrick just stares at her. Allison tightens her grip on him, using some of the strength granted to her by her powers, causing Derrick to whimper in pain.

“Do you understand what I just said you pathetic pig?” demands Allison.

“Yes,” cries Derrick, “Yes!”
“Good,” says Allison simply as she lets go of Derrick, causing her stepbrother to drop to his knees.

As Allison wheels herself away, she can hear Derrick calling after her.

“You’ll regret this!” yells Derrick, but Allison doesn’t stop or even look back at him, “I’ll make you pay!”

Allison lets out a sigh of frustration.

I have to deal with him sooner or later otherwise I’m just going to climb out of this freaking wheelchair and beat his arse into a pulp.

Part of me hopes he gets superpowers because he is certain to become a supervillain. Then I could just beat him up and not worry about getting into trouble.

Promised myself that I wouldn’t cheat by using stuff available to Defender to help Allison, but this is a special case right? Better I deal with Derrick non-violently rather than lose my temper and beat him to a pulp?

Allison pulls out her phone and text Jaylyn.

Phone me and pretend your Leo.

A moment later, Allison’s phone rings and she looks at it. The screen says Leo so Jaylyn understands.

“Hello Leo,” says Allison.

Hello Allie!” replies Jaylyn in her cheerful childish voice.

“So what are you phoning about?” asks Allison without actually asking, “I’m just out in public at the moment.”

I understand,” replies Jaylyn.

“It is my stepbrother Derrick,” says Allison, “He keeps getting on my nerves and I’ve finally had enough.”

Do wish to simply talk about it or do you want assistance in resolving the problem?” inquires Jaylyn.

“He keeps trying to blackmail into doing stuff for him,” explains Allison, “And he always get me into trouble by lying to our parents, tricking them into thinking I have done things that I haven’t. Thanks to his deceit, they think he is a good little boy while I’m a naughty girl who bullies him.”

Do you have a suggestion on how to resolve this matter?” asks Jaylyn.

“I have some ideas,” replies Allison, “Mind if I come and see you to discuss them?”

Okay,” says Jaylyn.

“Thanks!” replies Allison, “Bye!”

She hangs up and giggles to herself.

I don’t know how I will deal with Derrick, but with Leo and Jaylyn helping me out, there is no way he will continue to abuse like he does.

As she wheels herself towards the closest base entrance, Allison thinks about what to do next. Looking down at her phone, Allison brings up her contacts list. She selects Joan from it and phones her.

It takes a moment before her best friend answers.

“Hello?” says Joan.

“Hey Joan,” replies Allison, “What are you up to?”

“Oh, I’m just at home,” replies Joan.

“Cool,” says Allison, “Can I come and see you? I need to unwind with a friend for a bit.”

“Sure,” replies Joan, “Wait, let me check with my mother first.”

“Okay,” says Allison and she waits a couple of moments.

“Mother says it is okay!” says Joan as she returns to her phone, “Do want to make your own way here or would you like me to send an Abby to teleport you here?”

“The latter please,” answers Allison, “I just need some time to unwind.” 

1 comment:

  1. So this interlude is a bit late, but I got distracted so yeah. Anyway, this interlude was written because I wanted to show Allison's home life and background and I wasn't sure on how to do it in the main story. So here you go.

    For a bit of background that isn't shown in the interlude, Allison is a nice, if cynical girl while Derrick is just an dick. Nathan, Allison's other stepbrother, adores his older brother and blindly believes him over his dastardly stepsister. Her stepfather believes his own flesh and blood can do no wrong while her mother is blinded by "love". So all in all, Allison's home life is crap and Derrick is thankful that the dragon he is bullying as one of the principled good guys.

    So next time, Joan has convinced Leo to go on a double date with Alex and her boyfriend.

    ReplyDelete