Friday 8 April 2016

1.13 Quest Part 1

“So how have you guys been enjoying Eldrim?” asks Legacy as she, Leo, Cain and Allison meet at one of the in-game taverns of the virtual reality game that she, Leo, Jaylyn and Ceta have invented.

The virtual game is a Fantasy MMORPG as requested by Joan and runs off of a mixture of servers in the Guardsmen base and Ceta’s cyber world. She and Ceta mainly handled the physics and gameplay while Leo and Jaylyn did the setting and plots.

Overall, Legacy feels they have done a good job as the game feels real. It isn’t completely real as three days in-game is only one hour out of game and the damage suffered are marked by a red lines rather than realistic effects to make it kid-friendly according to Leo.

The name of the game is Eldrim and is set on a continent containing three different civilisations. The Clans of Mirgard inhabit the chilly north while the Empire of Augustia dominates the sunny plains of the east. At the moment, they are gathered within the Kingdom of Highrim, the nation that rules the hills and rivers of the west.

“I like this place,” says Allison as she leans back in her wooden chair, “It feels very realistic.”

Legacy notes that Allison isn’t using her real name as her username, but rather has chosen username Defender after her superhero name. Both Leo and Cain have done the same while Legacy has called herself Guardian Legacy.

The other three also have inbuilt masks to their virtual characters that protect their identities. These masks are purely cosmetic and have no impact on gameplay to the point that those with them can’t see them, even the one they are wearing.

Legacy has declined one of her own as she has no problem displaying her real face. She hasn’t exactly got a secret identity like her fellow Guardsmen.

“It is a fun world to play in,” agrees Cain as the NPC waitress brings them their drinks, “I have spent my time boosting my skills and stats against local thugs.”

“And yet you are a lower level than me,” says Allison, “I have spent my time completely quests.”

“I have better stats,” points out Cain.

“I have better abilities and skills,” counters Allison.

“Leo has the best character out of all of us,” cuts in Legacy, “He could take us all on.”

“I have spent the most time playing the game with all my play testing,” says Leo with a grin on his face, “Be thankful because you wouldn’t have all that gear I made for you otherwise.”

“He has a point,” mutters Cain and Legacy internally agrees.

While they have all got equipment from creature drops and quest rewards, Leo, with his level 27 Blacksmithing and his level 24 Enchanting, has provided all of them with relatively high level equipment of high quality.

“So why are you playing as a Rogue?” asks Allison, “I thought you told me you were playing as a Warrior the other day.”

“I was, but then you all chose to be Warriors as well and since my character was extremely powerful, I decided to start a new one,” answers Legacy.

“I suppose variety is good,” says Allison, “So what are we going to do next?”

“Well,” says Leo, “I have told by the local guards that there is a camp of goblin raiders nearby. I was thinking that we could work together to take them out.”

“Sounds good,” replies Allison with a grin, “So when do we head off?”

“Since we all have my latest equipment,” replies Leo, “I feel we should set out once we’re done with our drinks. Unless any of you have anything you want to do in town beforehand?”

“No,” says Legacy.

“Nah,” says Allison.

“I’m waiting until I get more kills to my record, then I’m going to join the local warrior’s guild,” says Cain, “So I’m fine with heading out once we’re done with our drinks.”

“Should I pay or should we split the cost between us?” inquires Leo.

“I only have a single gold coin plus twenty three coppers,” answers Cain.

“I have five gold plus some silvers and coppers,” says Allison.

“I have two gold coins, fifty six silver coins and thirty four copper coins,” states Legacy.

“Well, since I have over a hundred gold coins, I’ll pay the bill,” says Leo with a smug grin.

“How on Earth did you get that many coins?” demands Allison.

“I’m Level 27,” replies Leo, “And I have been selling some of my crafts off as well.”

“Well, the rest of us should share your share of the loot between us,” says Allison.

“I won’t contest that,” replies Leo with a slight chuckle.

“So are we all done with our drinks yet?” asks Cain.

“Yeah,” replies Leo as he looks around, “I’ll go and pay the bartender now.”

As he gets up and goes, Legacy looks at Leo. He, along with Cain and Allison, is wearing a set of chainmail armour with some plate armour helmets, arm pieces, gauntlets and breastplates on top. As with all of their equipment, it has been forged and enchanted by Leo.

Legacy is wearing leather armour. It lacks the Protection of the plate and mail armour that the others use, but it is lighter and more flexible, giving her increased mobility over them. And with her abilities, its Protection level is increased by half of its original value, putting on par with any normal plate and mail.

1 comment:

  1. So this chapter is just something I wrote whilst writing planning out the end of the first part of Legacy. I got the idea for it after watching Sword Art Online on Netflix and then discovering End Online (an excellent web serial that I strongly recommend checking out) about a week later.

    Still, a few trivial bits of information will be introduce before they become relevant. Plus Legacy will get to hang out a bit with friends and even have her first date.

    So next time, well that is already posted so check it out.

    ReplyDelete