Friday 1 April 2016

1.12 Virtual Part 8

“-safe right?” says Glowbug as she appears in Legacy’s cyber world apartment.

“Nic,” says Legacy as she strides towards her, causing Glowbug to snap her head around to look at her.

“Legacy!” exclaims Glowbug as she stumble and collapses in Legacy’s direction, “Urrgh, what happened?”

“You tell me,” says Legacy as she looks onward in amusement as Nicola gets to her feet.

Nicola isn’t wearing her costume, but rather a purple tank top showing her midriff and a pair of skinny jeans. Legacy is sticking to her power armour even if she has removed her helmet so Nicola can see her face.

“I was trying to fly, but my power didn’t work,” says Nicola as she strides towards Legacy, “Actually my power isn’t working at all. Could you explain why?”

“Your powers don’t work here unless Ceta or I let them,” explains Legacy as Nicola reaches her, “Would you like me to let you use your power?”

“Oh yes,” says Nicola as she and Legacy look each other in the eye.

Legacy notes that she and Nicola are almost the same height with the Aphrodite girl having only an inch on Legacy before Nicola kisses her on the lips.

Unsure on the proper way to respond, Legacy decides to simply not resisting. After a second, Nicola breaks away with a large grin on her face.

“It has been too long since we last saw each other,” says Nicola as her eyes swell with tears, “I thought you were dead until Gears told us otherwise. We all did.”

“If you don’t mind me asking, how did you get here?” asks Legacy, “I’m curious.”

“Oh, Gears invited Charlotte and I into your base so we could use two of those virtual reality helmets to visit you,” answers Nicola, “She is waiting so I can spend some time with you alone first. Do you mind if I ask you a personal question?”

“Not at all,” replies Legacy.

“How do you feel about us dating?” asks Nicola nervously, “Do you still want to be my girlfriend?”

The question angers Legacy.

What sort of person does she think I am? Does she really think I would just abandon her without cause?

“How you even ask that?” demands Legacy, “Do really think so lowly of me?”

“What-no!” Nicola replies hastily, “I just-I wasn’t-I’m sorry?”

Legacy grunts.

“Do you think I lack honour and would just betray you the moment we spent some time apart?” demands Legacy, some of her anger going away, “Before we even got to have a date with each other?”

“No, I didn’t,” answers Nicola, “But I had to know for certain. Speaking of that date…”

“I already have plans for it,” answers Legacy as she thinks of the virtual reality massively multiplayer online role-playing game or VRMMORPG that she and the others are making, “Just give me a couple of days to finish a project I’m working on.”

“Oh?” inquires Nicola.

“It involves the virtual reality helmets, but I won’t spoil more than that,” replies Legacy mischievously.

“I’ll be waiting,” replies Nicola with a smile and equally mischievously tone, “So what do we do now?”

“We can hang out,” says Legacy, “I have full control here. We could play some games together or watch a movie.”

“Playing games sounds good,” replies Nicola, “I would prefer something cooperative.”

“What sort of game would you like?” asks Legacy.

“First person shooter,” replies Nicola, “A fun one with good plot and gameplay.”

“I’ll find something,” says Legacy.

“Can I ask you something?” says Nicola.

“You don’t need to ask permission to ask questions,” replies Legacy as she walks towards the couch and TV screen wall that Joan and Jaylyn placed.

“When you say you control everything here, does that include outfits?” asks Nicola, “As while your armour suits you, I was wondering if you wouldn’t mind wearing something not so concealing of your body.”

“It does,” answers Legacy as she begins browse through the stored games, “Tell you what, I’ll let you pick my outfit if you let pick yours.”

“Deal,” says Nicola, “So how do I do that?”

“Just think about what you want me to wear and it will replace my current outfit,” explains Legacy, “Like this.”

Focusing on Nicola, Legacy replaces her outfit with a set of black and yellow power armour. The armour consists of a black undersuit with smooth black and yellow plates of armour on top.

Despite her preferences for practicality, Legacy still has to account for Nicola’s Aphrodite body, resulting it being rather form fitting with bulges in the breastplate to allow Nicola the ability to breath properly.

The helmet is also not as function as Legacy would have hers with room for Nicola’s long hair to flow out the back and sides. The black helmet doesn’t cover Nicola’s face except for a yellow visor that only conceals her face from the nose upwards.

“Power armour?” says Nicola as she looks at herself, “Seriously?”

“I like power armour,” replies Legacy.

“Well then, I’ll just pick something I would like to see you in,” replies Nicola with another mischievous grin that makes Legacy feel slightly nervous.

Legacy waits for a moment before her armour is replaced with a pink bikini. She blushes as she realises exactly how little she is wearing.

“Umm, Nic,” says Legacy, “I don’t feel comfortable wearing this.”

“Oh, sorry,” replies Nicola, “Give me a moment to change it. How does a green mini dress sound?”

“Better than this,” replies Legacy and a tight, formfitting green mini dress with two thin straps over her shoulders appears over the bikini, “Thank you.”

“No problem,” says Nicola as she gives Legacy a playful slap on the butt, causing her to yelp in surprise, “Now we have established what the other likes to wear, let’s get to playing that game.”

1 comment:

  1. And in this segment, Nicola and Legacy hang out together. I'll be honest here and state outright that the point of this segment is solely to show more of their relationship. It doesn't quite flow as naturally as Joan and Leo's in my personal opinion, but that is because Nic and Legs are opposites in way that doesn't let them fit in with each other. And while that sort of relationship can work with these two particular characters, it takes time. And that means showing it developing in the story.

    Anyway, with the end of Chapter 12, next time we have an interlude showing the perspective of one of Darkness' "Chosen" as they deal with some villains who pick a fight with the Syndicate.

    ReplyDelete