Wednesday 2 March 2016

1.11 Memories Part 1

Legacy blinks as she looks around her.

She is in a utilitarian room made of a sleek, smooth white solid with glowing blue lines running through it. There are basic equipment such as a sink, bed, chair, table and several storage compartments, but otherwise the room is very clean and bare.

“Hello,” says Legacy as notes that she is wearing her power armour, fully intact and working at peak ability.

Strange. One moment I fighting and dying against Armageddon, the next Ceta was giving me a choice that really didn’t make any sense and now I am here.

Legacy walks over to the chair and table and inspects them. Both are made of the same stuff as the room and everything else in it.

Legacy of Guardian,” says a voice from behind her that Legacy recognises instantly.

“Ceta?” inquires Legacy as she turns around.

Standing before Legacy is a woman in sleek green power armour with a blue visor.

Welcome to my Curpinin,” says Ceta, “I hope you like it here.”

“Where am I?” asks Legacy

Your conscious is in a transdimensional plane that runs parallel to the universes of the Multiverse and the void between them,” replies Ceta, “It is commonly refer to by organic users as cyberspace.

“Oh,” says Legacy, “So what happened?”

Your physical form was destroyed by Armageddon,” answers Ceta, “I gave you the choice of continuing as the Guardian and you accepted it. As of such, I am constructing a new body for you and you are waiting here until that time.”

So I’m dead? Without actually dying? No, that doesn’t make sense. From what Ceta is saying, I died, but I’m only dead temporarily.

In case you are wondering, I have informed Jaylyn of what has happened and she has passed it on to the rest of the Guardsmen,” says Ceta, “They are currently awaiting your return as they continue with their lives and duties.”

“Oh,” mutters Legacy.

You may live normally here,” says Ceta, “I can provide you with food, drink and entertainment in addition to training and the equipment and resources to make new creations. You may also review the memories of past Guardians.”

“I would like to do that last one,” Legacy tells Ceta, deciding that it would be a good idea to know about her past.

I thought you would,” replies Ceta and Legacy is sure that she is smiling beneath her helmet.

***

Junit is a most impressive woman in Legacy’s eyes and she is sure that the ancient war hero would easily be mistaken for a Bellator back on Earth.

Her hair is short, the brown hair only going down to the bottom of her head. Her soft brown eyes easily conceal the harden warrior beneath them.

She wears Uniak leather armour, a material that is both lightweight and highly resistant to suffering damage.

This Guardian is one of the older ones and, like Legacy, is a Human-Deltaen hybrid. She also lacks a life outside of her duties like Legacy. In fact, Junit is like Legacy in a lot of ways.

Junit is also a powerful telekinetic and telepath, those abilities inherited from few Deltaen ones.

She doesn’t have my technopathy however. Not that she needs it anymore than I need her abilities.

In the memories Legacy is currently reviewing, Junit has only been the Guardian for a few years and is currently seeking to liberate a galaxy that has been overrun by an interstellar empire known as the Fayyick Empire.

The ruling caste of the empire is the titular Fayyicks, telekinetics and telepaths. None can match Junit however, not without resorting to unnatural enhancements.

Rallying the remaining Alliance forces in this galaxy, Junit is leading the war effort against the Fayyicks from the frontlines.

***

“This way!” yells Junit as she slashes another red-eyed android in the black and grey armour of the Fayyick armour with Gord’Ang.

Half a dozen Alliance soldiers in green power armour follow her out of the boarding pod as she storms the enemy defensive positions.

Red lasers flash from the Fayyick defenders as blue lasers are unleashed by the Alliance attackers.
Junit throws up a telekinetic shield around her and her soldiers instinctively, her psionic power disrupting the lasers as their energy is dispersed.

She leaps into the air and sends a telekinetic strike at group of four enemy soldiers. Three are knocked off their feet while the fourth’s body is crushed by a direct hit, killing him instantly.

Junit comes crashing down in their midst. She takes out two before they can get to their feet whilst hacking the final one down before he get a shot off.

She turns to face the last two, but her soldiers have dealt with them. One is dead while the other is slumped against the wall, dying from multiple hits. His armour protected the soldier enough to stop him from dying, but didn’t do its job well enough to ensure his survival.

Rather than let him suffer, Junit finishes him off quickly.

As her squad reaches her, the doors open. Junit moves swiftly, swinging her sword at the closest enemy soldier whilst sending a telekinetic blast at the other.

Gord’Ang hacks through the gun and chest of the man while the other hostile is taken down by the squad of Alliance soldiers before Fayyick soldier can regain her balance.

“Ordicmin,” hiss a voice and Junit turns to see a humanoid with leathery grey skin in blue robes flanked by twenty Fayyick soldiers.

The Fayyick warrior activates the item in his hand and a red energy blade flashes into existence from the hilt of his energy sabre.

1 comment:

  1. So we return to Legacy in this chapter and we find out what happened to her after her "death" at the hands of Armageddon.

    I'll be honest here, this chapter and the next two are mainly filler chapters because they include stuff I wanted to write and I wrote them while I was trying to figure out how to write the next few chapters and what sort of ending I wanted to have. By ending, I mean what sort of point I wanted to end the story at as I would otherwise just keep writing until I got bored of the story. Which is what I have done in the past.

    Speaking of my past writing, Junit is a one of the main characters in the second set of stories that I wrote way back when I was still a beginner at creative writing, roughly, hmm, about five years ago. Huh, I didn't expect it to be that long. Anyway, my writing was crap back then, but I produced a couple of completed stories, one at about 8,700 words long and the other at 13,700 words long and a few short stories to wrap up loose ends and show the fates of the surviving characters. The story itself was good, but the actually writing was really awful and looking back at it, really didn't protray the story as it happened in my head. Still, those stories and the collection of short stories I wrote before than ended up forming the basis of Legacy's background and all my future stories.

    And due to that I wanted to include to show that these stories took place. Junit especially as she was the original Guardian so to say. In fact, I based Legacy (the character) of her to the point that Junit is essentially Legacy's spiritually ancestor. And I also wanted to rewrite a few of the main scenes from those stories, altering the characters and plot a bit so they fit into the multiverse of Legacy.

    But the point is, those stories play a key part in how Legacy was shaped and I felt like writing about a few old characters while I was figuring where to go with Legacy. So here you go.

    Anyway, since this chapter and the next are fillers, I may just post them more quickly so we can get back to the main plot.

    So next time, no wait, there was something I else I wanted to address. The Fayyicks and Junit bare a quite a bit of resemble to Star Wars, something I find rather surprising as the setting and characters were inspired by Halo and Warhammer 40K rather than Star Wars. As a matter of fact, I didn't even discover Star Wars until the year after. Well, I didn't really get into Star Wars until the year after. I watched half of Episode IV before getting bored and then returned to it in a couple of years time.

    So yeah, next time, more of Legacy reliving Junit's memories.

    ReplyDelete