Wednesday 2 December 2015

1.7 Guardsmen Part 6

“I should call Alexandria before we get there,” says Guardian as she and Gears fly through the skies of Chicago that night, carrying a duffle bag that contains the items that Alexandria asked Guardian to make for her, “Just to make sure she is okay with us showing up.”

“It is rude to just to invite yourself in,” agrees Gears, “Especially when that person is a friend.”

“What are you guys talking about?” yells Alexandria as she flies towards them, catching both Guardian and Gears by surprise.

“You actually,” replies Guardian, “I am delivering the items that you requested.”

“Really?” says Alexandria, “Great!”

“And I was hoping to meet you and your brother,” says Gears, “I am Gears by the way.  I don’t think we formally met each other yet.”

“We did encounter each other when we were dealing with the Aquiline, but no, we haven’t actually met each other,” replies Alexandria as she flies up alongside them, “As for my brother, he is at home with our mum. I don’t think they’ll mind if you two come around.”

“So how have you been Alexandria?” asks Guardian.

“Oh, you can call be Charlotte if you want Guardian,” replies Alexandria, “I’ve have been fine. School is going well and my grades are high. Thanks for the tip off about Armsmith. It got me and my team some good PR. Not that we needed it, but it was cool to fight an actual supervillain.”

“Armsmith didn’t actually put up much of a fight,” says Gears, “Then again, you did outnumber him five to one.”

“I’ll admit that Armsmith didn’t put up much a fight,” replies Alexandria, “But my team is good.”

“Our team is better,” says Guardian.                

“Who exactly is your team?” demands Alexandria, “You got you two, Sentinel, Sentry, Defender and there wasn’t another one right?”

“Protector,” answers Gears, “Six in total. I’m our leader and we’re calling our team the Guardsmen.”

“When did you decide all that?” asks Alexandria.

“Earlier this evening,” replies Gears, “One of the things I want to speak to your brother about in addition to discuss how the DSA and Heroes Union plan to deal with us.”

“I doubt they’ll do anything serious,” says Alexandria, “We getting close to my brother’s penthouse just so you know.”

“I can see,” replies Gears as the three of them look at the imposing figure waiting for them on the balcony of the penthouse, “Your brother looks like a blonde superman in civvies.”

“I know,” says Alexandria, “At least he isn’t in costume.”

“I see you brought friends home,” says Atlas with his arms crossed as the trio lands.

“Hello,” says Gears as he steps towards Atlas, “I am Gears and I would like to request a meeting to discuss matters with you. I’m both willing to do it now or at time and location of your choosing providing I am to make it.”

Atlas closes his eyes and puts a hand to his forehead.

What do you think he thinks of us?

I do not have enough data to give an accurate evaluation.

Okay, thanks for trying.

You are welcome.

“Now is fine,” says Atlas after a moment, “We can always arrange a more in-depth one later if necessary.”

“Excellent,” replies Gears, sounding pleased, “Guardian, Alexandria, do you two want to join us or would you like do your own thing?”

I don’t mind which I do.

Then leave it up to Alexandria.

Guardian looks at Alexandria, who glances back at her before speaking.

“I’m going to go to my room with Guardian,” says Alexandria as she grabs Guardian’s wrist and begins to lead her inside, “I can get changed into my PJs and she can show me the stuff that she has brought me. You talk with Gears, he is their leader. Come on Guardian.”

Alexandria floats upward, still holding Guardian and flies both of them to her room.

“It is good to see you again Guardian,” says Alexandria as she drops Guardian on her bed, “It is a bit late, but I’m glad you got the items done. I honestly didn’t expect you to get them done so soon.”

“It wasn’t that hard,” replies Guardian, “It was simply a matter of repurposing projects I was already working on for other reasons to non-combat purposes.”

“You can tell me about those while I change into PJs,” says Alexandria as she begins to take her costume off.

“Well, the first item is a sleep mask that is made of a fabric that blocks super senses,” replies Guardian, but her Companion interrupts her before she can give a more complete explanation.

I would recommend keeping the explanation simple.

Why? I wouldn’t expect that sort of suggestion from you.

I know, but experience has taught me that the uneducated don’t like detailed explanation and usual fail to pay proper attention.

Fine, but I would prefer a longer talk.

As would I.

Following the advice of her companion, Guardian doesn’t give Alexandria a full explanation, just the basics of how they work and how to use the items.

“Does your family know about what you’re up to?” inquires Alexandria after she has changed into some loose, cotton blue and white garments.

“What do you mean?” asks Guardian.

Do we even have a family?

I am unsure. I would consider Scott, Leo and Jaylyn family with Scott as a parental figure, Leo as a battle-brother and Jaylyn as a niece, but I’m sure others different definitions of family on this world.

I will consider those three to be my family then.

“Do any of your family members know that you’re Guardian?” clarifies Alexandria.

“Yes, all of them do,” answers Guardian.

Alexandria starts to ask something else, but suddenly falls silent. She blinks and is quiet for a moment.

“It is it true?” demands Alexandria as she looks Guardian dead in the eye.

3 comments:

  1. So I would say such about this segment, but honestly, not much springs to mind. I suppose I can say that the reason Alexandria stumbled over Guardian and Gears mid-flight was due to the fact that she was out to spy on Guardian again and instead spotted the two of them. I can also say that the reason that Ceta told Legacy to give a short, simple explanation was due to feedback from League of Heroes saying that I had too many info-dumps about how things work.

    So the poll has ended. Thank you to the one guy that voted. I'll release the Glowbug interlude at the end of Guardsmen, but before the start of chapter eight.

    Next time, we find out what Alexandria is talking about and other stuff, like Alexandria finding out about Legacy and Guardian finding out about Superior.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That one guy says you are welcome!

      Still feel bad being the only one voting. :X

      Delete
    2. I don't mind that only one person voted. Honestly, the poll was just a test to see if anybody who reads or follows Legacy would vote so I could get some reader interaction. Still, I am pleased that you voted Seronx.

      Delete