Sunday 20 December 2015

1.7 Guardsmen Part 14

Hello Abigail. What do wish to talk about?

Well, I just wanted to say that I know about you being Gears.

I see.

How did you find that out?

I used my telepathy on Joan. I have placed barriers in her mind to stop anyone else finding out the same way. With her permission of course.

Of course.

You have two companions?

Four of us actually.

Do you have one?

That would be time for me to introduce myself. I am Divine Magicka.

Vigilant Lion.


Enduring Iron.

Burning Heart.

White Tea.

Pleasure to meet all of you.

Would you mind talking later?

Not at all. We should focus on the present conversation here and now anyway.

“So when did you get your powers?” inquire Leo.

“Five days ago on the twenty second,” answers Marcelle before blushing, “Just, ah, don’t ask me what caused it. It is a bit embarrassing.”

“Sure,” says Leo, “So what are your powers if you don’t mind me asking? Are they helpful to your singing career?”

“They are so very much helpful to my career,” replies Marcelle with a hint of pride in her voice, “I got my first single produced and it has gone on sell today.”

“That quickly Marcy?” asks Abigail.

“Since there aren’t that many parahuman pop artists about, they would to try and establish me as one of the greats if they can,” says Marcelle, “Profiting and exploiting something new before it becomes commonplace and dull to the public. As for my powers, I have quite a few. Ten as a matter of fact. First and foremost is my Siren voice. It is pretty useful for a singer if I do say so myself. Next is my ability to create illusions. They’re solid and can fool the senses in addition to lasting until I get rid of them or they are broken. Going to be excellent for live performances and music videos. Then you have my shapeshifting. I’m actually currently using it to hide the fact I’m an Abnormal.”

“You’re an Abnormal?” says Joan in surprise, but also sounding excited, “Can I see?”

“Sure,” replies Marcelle with a shrug and her body begins to change, “It isn’t like I can hide it forever.”

Her skin turns silver while her eyes and hair become pure gold. Her eyes grow long and pointy while a pair of large white feathery wings sprout from her upper back.

That explains why her dress as a low back to it.

And here I thought she just wanted to look appealing and attractive.

“Well, you look pretty,” says Joan, a bit stunned by her sister’s new appearance.

I’m glad you like it,” replies Marcelle as she flashes a smile at Joan, who blushes, “As for rest of my powers, I have nigh invulnerability and regeneration at higher levels. Beyond that, I have a few powers at lower, but still high levels.”

Is she using her Siren voice on Joan?

Should we act?

Not unless Joan requires it. Neither we nor Abigail are affected by it.

Not true, we are slightly affected, but we seem to disperse between the five of us so we are effectively immune.

Those powers are flight, super speed and super agility,” continues Marcelle, “I can also teleport myself and anything I am touching to a place I have been to before. And I have energy projection.

Marcelle holds a hand out and silver-gold energy appears, swirling in a sphere in her palm.

“Marcy,” says Abigail gently as Joan giggles, “Might I suggest you stop using your Siren voice on our sister?”

I’m-I mean,” replies Marcelle in a flustered manner, “Sorry Joan. I didn’t mean to.”

“It’s okay,” replies Joan, looking a little embarrassed herself, “I’m just glad to have my sisters back.”

Both Abigail and Marcelle have the decency to look ashamed when Joan references the fact they abandoned her over the course of the last year.

“That won’t be happening again,” says Abigail firmly, “I suppose I should tell you guys about my powers. I don’t know all of them yet as I only had them for less than a couple of hours, but I have quite a few as well. A lot actually. I honestly think I got most of them figured out through trial and error and there can’t be that many that I don’t know about. So I’m going to list them. Nigh invulnerability, flight, teleportation, shapeshifting, telepathy, telekinesis, super strength, super speed, illusion, invisibility, phasing and forcefields. That is most of them I believe and I’m certain that is a still a couple more, there isn’t more than three that I don’t know about. Oh and I have another power.”

Suddenly a second Abigail pops into existence besides her.

“I can make copies of myself,” says both Abigails, “I control these copies as some sort of hive mind and they all have my powers, but weaker. Pretty cool huh?”

“It’s a bit weird,” admits Marcelle, “But given how I look...”

And I don’t exactly have the right to complain about things being weird either.

“And there doesn’t seem to be a limit on how many I can create,” says the second Abigail, “I also believe that my copies don’t need to eat, sleep, drink or any of the basic human needs. And Joan, as a gift to make up for completely abandoning you over the past year, I’ll assign this one to look at you.”

“As some sort of maid?” inquires Joan excitedly.

“And also as a friend and sister as they contain my mind directly as some sort of hive mind,” answers 
the original Abigail with a look at her sister, “You’re my sister after all and you’re the one that needs to be looked after the most out of all of us.”

“And my apology gift to you will be free copies of my music,” says Marcelle as she shifts back into more normal if Aphrodite form, “I will even pay for them out of my own money if I have to. And as I can teleport here at any time, I’ll be certain to visit you often.”

Joan squeals and clasps her hands together.

Joan seems happy to have her sisters back.

Why wouldn’t she be glad to have family again?

True and I am also glad.

Now Gears has a reason to help Joan, we ought to get started on that.

Well, more than we already are.

Right.

What do you think?

First is an advanced wheelchair so she may leave this room and the second is some nanobots.

Nanobots? Those will take a long time to invent. How would we even control them anyway?

With our daughter of course.

1 comment:

  1. And so ends Chapter 7 Guardsmen as Leo decides to invent nanobots. Which is much harder than Leo initially assumes, but I wanted to introduce the concept in the story before they become plot relevant so the nanobots don't just come out of nowhere later.

    I would also like to point out that neither Abigail or Marcelle actually know the exact levels and limits of their powers. This is because parahumans don't just suddenly know what their powers are and what they can now do. Well, a few can, but neither of them are part of that number. Even Leo doesn't know the true abilities of his powers.

    As for next time, we get onto the interludes that take place between now and the start of chapter eight.

    ReplyDelete